Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thank You Pinterest

This look was inspired by another photo found on Pinterest. I think I've said this before-- how on earth did I ever get dressed before this site?! 

Not only does it have amazing inspiration for outfits, it has decor, diy, cleaning, event planning, etc. Almost anything you can think of becomes exponentially better with Pinterest. Example: I moved into my apartment a few months ago and the carpets had this nasty smell to them, gross! I complained, had the apartment complex steam clean them twice, I purchased every carpet cleaning product under the sun, nothing worked. Then I came across a pin for carpet cleaning. It was so simple, I steam cleaned the carpets myself with a mixture of water, vinegar and baking soda. Viola! No more nasty carpet smell. Thank you Pinterest! 

Anyhow, enough about my Pinterest obsession and smelly carpet woes. I saw this photo and loved the simplicity of it. Like I explained in my 'Mix it Up' post earlier this week, if you see an outfit you like, you don't have to mimic it exactly to achieve the same style effect. I reversed the blazer and shirt to match items in my closet, I also added a necklace to fit my personal style a little better. 

Inspiration:


My Outfit:





Photo Credit: Alex Heflin

Blazer: LC Lauren Conrad (Khol's)(similar)
Shirt: Forever21(similar
Jeans: American Eagle 
Necklace: Francesca's
Bag: Coach 
Shoes: Antonio Melani (Dillard's)

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this outfit. Plus I am obsessed with those shoes now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! I know I love them and they are surprisingly VERY comfortable which makes me love them even more!

      Delete
  2. Love this! You totally nailed it! Absolutely love the colour of your blazer!
    xox

    rachelsloves.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great outfit! I really love your shoes

    ReplyDelete