Thursday, April 11, 2013

Imaginary Outfit

Has this ever happened to anyone? You think up a new outfit in your head and all the pieces look perfect together and your imaginary outfit makes you look fabulous. Then you put it on and it looks nothing like what you imagined in your head, it actually looks horrible. I hope it has happened to at least one other person or else I feel silly now. 

Anyhow-- I bought this skirt last month and immediately started dreaming up outfits that I could incorporate it into. One of my first thoughts was my chambray top (we all know chambray goes with anything). For some reason I was almost afraid to put this on because in my head it looked marvelous, but I feared that it would not translate well in real life. To my pleasant surprise I put this number on yesterday and loved it!  







Photo Credit: Alex Heflin

Shirt: Target (similar, similar, similar)
Skirt: J.Crew
Necklace: Target (spend, splurge
Belt: Forever21 
Bag: Poppie Jones (DSW)
Shoes: Franco Sarto (DSW) (similar)

8 comments:

  1. That skirt is gorgeous - such a cute look!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I've absolutely done this. I hate trying on the dreamed up outfit and seeing it crash and burn.
    But your outfit looks so great!

    patternedlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there! This is a great outfit! Happy dreams!
    Meg @ msmayg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit!!

    Would love for you to stop by and say hello!
    http://cbijicollection.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cute cute!!

    http://themissore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the skirt. Gorgeous. Great colour. Visiting from the link up. Don't forget to link up to my show me your favorite spring trend link up and enter my giveaway for a $300 gift card to Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful look on you.


    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Trend Obsessed: Black & White'.

    Sofia
    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love the coral crochet. It looks so cute with the chambray top. :)

    Where is your gfc link? Can't find it! I followed through Bloglovin' though.

    xo,
    -Nathy
    Earnestyle

    ReplyDelete