Saturday, April 6, 2013

Recent Beauty Finds

These are some of my favorite beauty products that I have been using lately. Some of these are new products and some I've had stashed away and have recently rediscovered them. If you missed my post about my all-time favorite beauty staples you can read it here.
If you like reading beauty blogs, I highly suggest my friend's blog here. She gives great in depth reviews and tips on beauty products. 


My first beauty favorite is the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Blissful. These Tarte blushes are definitely great. I don't like them quite as much as the Nars blushes, but they are still a good product. I love this peachy-coral color, it adds a really pretty pop of color to the face for Spring.  



Okay I've heard people raving about these Tarte lipsticks for some time now and I never got around to trying them because they are a little on the pricey side.  On my latest trip to Sephora I was on the hunt for the perfect coral lipstick. Everything I looked at was too orange or too pink, but this one was the perfect shade. I'm so glad I decided to shell out the extra cash because this lipstick was well worth it. It goes on so creamy and smooth but it has some serious staying power, I'm not sure about its' 12-hour claim. But it definitely stays put for multiple hours. 



I had been eyeing the Clarisonic for almost 2-years before I finally bought one (it was actually a birthday gift from my mom last year). I cannot rave enough about this product. It has changed my skincare routine for life. It feels gentle so my skin doesn't feel irritated after using it, but it packs a serious punch and makes my skin feel squeaky clean and soft. 



I got a sample of this primer a while ago and used it all up. I liked it so much that I had to run out and purchase it immediately. I have moderately oily skin and I hate products on my face that feel heavy or cakey. This primer goes on my skin so smoothly and it's incredibly light feeling. It definitely helps control my oil and keep my foundation on longer but it doesn't feel like theres an extra layer of product on my face. 




While no powder will ever replace my Studio Fix, I do love the Mineralize Skinfinish. I recently picked up this powder on a shopping trip and holy moly why have I never tried this before?! It's a very light coverage powder and it gives my skin a natural healthy glow. If you don't like using powders because they make your skin look too cakey or powdery I would definitely give this one a try. I like dusting this over my tinted moisturizer or BB cream to give a natural no make-up but made up look. 




I love wearing pretty Spring-time hues, I find that Essie nail polishes have the prettiest shades. Beyond just the colors these nail polishes last longer on my nails. I can get at least a few days of wear out of them before they start to chip. I hate chipping nail polish it's on of my pet-peeves! Plus most of the colors go on really opaque so I don't have to paint a zillion layers of polish to get the desired color.


1 comment:

  1. I love Essie Nail polishes!!!!!!

    New giveaway on my blog! Win 30$ to spend on Ahaishopping! Want to join?
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/2013/04/ahaishopping-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete