Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mix it Up

If you saw my inspiration post last week, you've already had a sneak peek of this look. I came across this photo on Pinterest while trying to come up with some style inspiration. I love how it's casual and effortless with pops of bright colors. While I don't own a neon yellow shirt and bright pink bag, I decided to mix up the pieces and replace them with items I have hanging in my closet. That's the lovely thing about finding style inspiration in other outfits. You don't have to style the look exactly the same. You can switch it up to match items you already have and your own personal style. 

Inspiration: 

This is Rachel from The Pink Peonies, I have recently discovered her blog and I am in love with her style. It's chic yet effortless. Make sure you check out her blog! 


My Outfit: 





Photo Credit: Alex Heflin

Shirt: Loft (similar, similar)
Jacket: Old Navy
Leggings: Cotton On 
Bag: Target
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar, similar)


10 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous look! Love your version, and that neon bag is too cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you re-created this! The Target bag is perfect, I want to snatch it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like yours better.
    it flows better
    ______________________________-
    http://themodestmushroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness you recreated the look so well!
    good job girl :)
    i've tried recreating looks from pinterest but it never turns out :( haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your outfit and I love Rachel from the pink peonies! Your bag is super cute as well.


    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving me the name of the blog! She looked like a blogger, but when I clicked on the pin it did not take me to a blog source. Now I know :)

      Delete
  6. I love the combination of this outfit. Looking at it makes me feel comfortable too. Is that weird? Hahaha! Would you like to follow each other?

    silverwriting818.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the inspiration and you did a perfect job with it!

    ReplyDelete